Last Updated: January 21st 2021.
Table of Contents
- What is “Personal Information”?
- What categories of personal information do we collect?
- How we Collect your Personal Information
- How do we use your personal information?
- When do we share your personal information with other organizations?
- What are your privacy choices?
- How do we protect your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- Where do we store personal information?
- Access to and Accuracy of your Personal Information
- Other Websites and Businesses
- Social Media and Similar Situations
- Children and Personal Information
- Notices to You
- Contact Us
In some cases, at the time of collection of your personal information, we may provide you with additional information regarding the processing of your personal information. We may also, in certain circumstances, obtain your specific consent to the use or sharing of your personal information.
In many situations, “personal information” does not include information that is used for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with an individual in relation to their employment, business or profession such as the individual’s name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, work fax number or work electronic address.
We limit the collection of personal information to what is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Depending on your interaction with us, we may collect personal identifiers, demographic data, commercial information, professional or employment-related information and Internet or other electronic network activity. We may also need to collect certain information about our customers for money laundering, sanctions, financial crimes and fraud prevention checks. We collect personal information in a variety of ways detailed below under How we collect your personal information.
Learn more about the categories of personal information we may collect
We may collect the following personal information about depending on your interaction with Zii:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, government-issued identification information (including national identity numbers), photographic likeness, account number, username or Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, location and language preferences.
- Employment information, such as your organization, professional title and occupation.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, pages viewed on our site.
- Financial information, such as a bank account number or payment card information.
- Geolocation and other travel information, such as various locations to which you have travelled or plan to travel, the means by which you will arrive, your accommodations, the activities you undertake and related information, if uploaded to the Zii Solution.
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including: directly from you, from your organization, from travel agencies, booking platforms or other intermediary and through our websites. We may also generate information about you with the information we have collected.
Learn more about how we may collect your personal information
We may collect personal information from the following general sources:
a. Directly from you
We may collect personal information directly from you or from your representative, such as when:
- you create an account with us;
- you subscribe to our newsletter;
- you use the Zii Solution (including when you use the Zii Solution to manage the business travel activities of members of your organization or when you use the Zii Solution during your own business travel);
- you apply for a career opportunity with us;
- you contact us with an inquiry or to report a problem with our website or the Zii Solution; or
- you agree to complete a research survey.
b. Your organization
If you access and use the Zii Solution in your capacity as an employee of your organization, we may collect personal information from your organization to assist with managing your business travel.
In some cases, such as if you register for the Zii Solution on behalf of your organization, you may provide personal information to us about others (such as employees of your organization). If you give us the personal information about another individual, then you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws, including obtaining that individual’s valid consent to your collection and disclosure of that individual’s personal information to us and to our use, disclosure and retention of that individual’s personal information.
c. Business partners and other third parties
We may collect personal information from a travel agency, booking platform or similar third party intermediary (for example, Travelocity, Sabre or Amadeus) who we work with to manage your business travel.
d. Automatic collection
Zii may collect certain types of information electronically through your contact with the Zii website using technologies (either our own or third party technologies) such as cookies and web beacons. We may collect your Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages and the pages you viewed on our site. We may also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics.
We use the information collected to provide and improve our products and services, such as by personalizing content, offering and measuring campaigns and understanding user behaviour. We also use this data to support information security and fraud prevention and detection. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, to manage our business operations, to communicate with you, to process job applications and to manage our websites. We may also use your personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Learn more about how we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
Providing our services
We use your personal information to provide the Zii Solution and related products and services to you, including:
- to provide you access to the Zii Solution;
- to establish and maintain an account for you; and
- to provide you with personalised content and services, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings and deciding which offers or promotions to show you.
e. Managing our business operations
We use your personal information for several reasons in connection with our business operations, which include:
- to maintain your account and our records about you;
- to manage any aspect of the Zii Solution or a related product or service;
- to manage and audit our business operations;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance;
- to protect and enforce our legal rights, interests and remedies and to protect the business, operations and clients of us or other persons, including security and fraud monitoring and prevention;
- to improve the Zii Solution and related products and services and develop new products and services; and
- to facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business.
f. Communicating with you
We use your personal information to communicate with you in the following ways:
- to contact and correspond with you regarding the Zii Solution and related products and services;
- to process and respond to your inquiries, requests and other communication;
- to send our newsletters to you;
- to inform you (by email, telephone, text message or direct mail, as may be applicable) about our programs, products, services, special offers, promotions, contests or events that may be of interest to you; and
- to conduct surveys on the quality of our products and services.
If you no longer wish to receive our commercial electronic messages, please follow the unsubscribe procedure included in each of these messages. For more information on this topic, see What are your privacy choices?
g. Processing your job application
When you submit a job application, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to create and administer your account;
- to respond to your requests and communicate with you regarding your application;
- to evaluate your application and make hiring decisions; and
- to conclude a hiring agreement.
h. Managing our websites
When you visit our websites, we may use your personal information to manage and facilitate the use of our websites, which may include using cookies and other similar technologies
We may share your personal information with your organization, within our group of companies and with our business partners, service providers (companies that carry out activities on our behalf), and in the case of the sale or transfer of our business or another transaction. We may also share your personal information with your consent or in accordance with applicable law. We do not sell your personal information.
Learn more about how we may share your personal information
We may share your personal information as set out below:
If you access and use the Zii Solution in your capacity as an employee of your organization, we may share your personal information with your organization to assist with managing your business travel.
Business partners and other third parties
In some circumstances, we may share personal information with our business partners, such as strategic business partners who provide products and services that enhance your experience with us or that may be of interest to you, and other third parties. For example, when you use the Zii Solution, we may disclose your personal information to the travel agency selected by your organization, booking platform, airlines or similar third party intermediary (for example, Travelocity, Sabre or Amadeus) who we work with to manage your business travel. We will only disclose your personal information to a third party if we have obtained your consent to do so, if you have provided your consent to the third party, or if we are legally required or permitted to do so. If you purchase a product or other service offered by us that involves third parties, we may disclose information to that third party to the extent necessary to provide that product or service.
i. Service providers
We may transfer your personal information to other organizations and businesses that provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers, portfolio management systems, market intermediaries or archive services. We require these service providers to only process personal information as required to provide their services and to comply with our privacy requirements.
j. Sale or transfer of our business or other transaction
We may decide to sell or transfer all or part of our business to a third party, merge with another entity, secure our assets or proceed with any other financing or other strategic capital transactions (including insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), restructuring, share sale or other change in corporate control. We may share your personal information when required for the purposes of such a transaction.
k. Other permitted reasons
l. Specific consents
We may disclose your personal information to other persons in accordance with express or implied consents that you give during your interactions and transactions with us.
You have choices about the way Zii handles your personal information. You can always withdraw your consent for your personal information to be used for purposes other than those that are absolutely necessary for the provision of our services, without this having any consequences on the services you receive from Zii.
You have different options to make your choices:
When you register or by contacting us directly
You can always choose not to receive marketing messages from Zii by email by clicking on “unsubscribe” in any email you receive.
Please note that even if you have indicated your choice not to receive commercial messages from us, we may still communicate with you in connection with a service, in accordance with applicable law (for example, to send you a customer service message, important product information, service notification or recall). In addition, it may take up to 10 business days to register a change of preference in all of our records.
Changing your browser settings on your device
We use technology to enhance your client experience and present you with offers, including personalized advertising. Through technologies such as cookies, our websites recognize you when you use or return to them, and can provide you with a seamless experience. You can remove or disable some of these technologies at any time through your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use some of the features of our websites.
Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn how to block, delete and manage cookies on your computer or mobile device. You can also use the quick links below, depending on the type of browser that you are using: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox et Safari.
To protect your personal information, we employ organizational, physical and technological safeguards. Our goal is to prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, sharing or alteration of personal information in our possession. We also use these safeguards when we dispose of or destroy your personal information.
We store your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you and to manage our business operations. You may delete your account with us at any time (subject to contractual restrictions and reasonable notice) and we will delete the personal information associated with your account. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continue to store your personal information as required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Once no longer required, your personal information will be securely destroyed or anonymized (so the information no longer identifies you).
Zii or its service providers may store and process your personal information at facilities in various countries outside of Canada, including in the United States of America. The personal information protection laws of those other countries are different from the laws of Canada, and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your personal information without notice. Zii uses all reasonable safeguards, including contractual requirements with our service providers, to protect your personal information wherever it is located. By providing your personal information to Zii, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the personal information at those facilities.
We rely on lawful mechanisms to transfer personal information protected by the General Data Protection Regulation to countries outside of the European Economic Area that are not covered by an adequacy decision.
You may review and update the personal information about you contained in your account at any time. You may have the right to access and rectify the personal information we hold about you by contacting us directly. In this case, upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information within a reasonable timeframe, in compliance with applicable laws. It is your responsibility to provide accurate, correct and complete information.
To exercise these rights, please use the contact information listed in the Contact us section below.
Zii Travel Technologies Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer